Sunday, September 15, 2013

A healthy menu plan...

Kris and I have been talking...and we need to try and get back to eating healthy.  I want to try and keep myself accountable by posting our meal plan and recipes here, and I am going to be recording my food diary on Sparkpeople.com.  I really feel so much better when I am walking those 2 miles and eating healthy foods every day.  There really is no substitute for those things...and I just need to remind myself of that...daily.  I know I am a better mama, a better wife, and a better version of me when I am healthier.  I am not interested in being 110 pounds, and even if I never make it out of the 200lb range...I will still be happy just to be making healthy choices.  So...without further adieu...here are my ideas for this week:

Monday-Baked Chicken Nuggets (with a little bit of coconut oil gently melted instead of half of the butter) steamed corn on the cob, and salad...because chicken nuggets taste "healthier" if you chop up a few and top your salad rather than eating 9 or 12 or 15 of them :)  They are very yummy!

Tuesday-The Big Enchilada (made healthy by adding your own cheese on each individual serving instead of all together)  I like to just make the filling, and then everyone can fill either a tortilla or a lettuce leaf  and choose toppings as they wish!  I think lettuce, tomatoes, Greek yogurt, and 2% Mexican cheese will be our toppings with this.

Wednesday-I help with the pre-school aged class and the kids love to go to Caravan on Wednesdays so we eat and help serve dinner at the church on Wednesdays.

Thursday-Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps

Friday- Grilled Sweet and Savory Chicken (I just rub my chicken breasts down with some chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a little bit of brown sugar and let that sit in the fridge all day before grilling or nu-waving) Buffalo Cauliflower with Buttermilk Ranch Dressing

Saturday-Spicy Garlic and Pepper Shrimp  This is so yummy...we love this, but I decrease the red pepper flakes to 1 teaspoon, and add in any other vegetables we might have...zucchini, carrots, celery, extra onions...so good!

Sunday-Roast with potatoes, carrots, and onions in the crock pot...so good with a package of onion soup mix sprinkled on top!  (Then we'll use some of the leftover roast in fajitas for Monday night!)

We will see how this goes...I am excited about making healthy choices a little more often...doesn't have to be every single meal but more often will be good for all of us!

No comments: