Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Praying...

I visited with my sister last night on the phone for two hours. It had been a long time since we had just talked and talked and talked. I love those conversations. I really needed to talk to someone and I think God prompted her to call and the exact right time.

There are some things I need to pray for, and a couple of them are not small, in fact, they are quite large obstacles, in the eyes and ways of man...but for God...NOTHING is impossible.

I need to pray for a miracle, for some way for me to be able to stay at home with our baby, and with Katie. It is not a small task, like I said, because we have a lot of debt that needs to be paid off before it can happen...but I believe that God can help me. I am going to start praying earnestly for it.

Yesterday was a difficult day at work. We had a lot of very sad referrals for children needing foster care. It was more than I could bear. There was one particular case that was probably the worst case of abuse I have heard of in a long, long time. It made me want to leave my job and never come back. Seriously. It made me want to hide out in my nice, safe, abuse-free home, and pretend that things like that don't really happen in our world. I also had some difficulty with co-workers, and I just don't understand why. It's something that I was not aware of that was a problem, but suddenly it is a problem with them...I need to figure it out. It is really, really bothering me.

The one thing I know...right now...right here...is that GOD-MY God in all of his majesty, infinite knowledge, grace, power and strength-has it all under control. None of my burdens am I carrying alone...not one single one...from the least to the greatest. That is comfort...true and real.

No comments: