Monday, November 04, 2013

What if?

I am so thankful for all of the blessings in our lives.  We are abundantly blessed...we have three beautiful children...who are all healthy.  We have a comfortable home, with clean water, a warm fire, and something cooking almost all of the time. I had a dream the night before last, that I had gone on a mission trip to Africa.  In my dream I was surrounded by a sea of beautiful little brown faces who were all pleading for love and attention, and who were all desperately hungry.  When I woke up I felt this enormous sense of gratitude...for our comfy beds, for clean laundry, for fresh water and for the ability to read a book to my children.  I woke up wondering what it would be like to be a mama in Africa, in a very poor situation, with none of the comforts I enjoy. Would l still love being a stay at home mom, would I worry constantly about my children, and if we had enough food, would I still feel blessed by my awesome God?  What if I was a mama in Africa who didn't even know about our amazing savior?  My dream and these thoughts make me wonder if there is a greater purpose for me...for our family...in the area of missions?  Or maybe our mission field is right here in our town?  Lord...please show me...I know you have plans for us to give more...to do more...to reach and encourage people...show us your plan and purpose, Lord. Amen.

1 comment: