Thursday, April 09, 2015

I'm still here!

Just a little post to say that I'm still here!  I really want to try and keep blogging, so I am going to give myself some grace, and just post when I can.  I know the kids will still enjoy looking back on these, even though they are not consistent.  Hopefully they will look back and know, deep in their hearts, that I loved them so incredibly much, in spite of my daily struggles to keep it together as a mama. 

Speaking of keeping it together, and mama's...on March 12th, I started the "Trim Healthy Mama" eating plan.  It has almost been a month for me, and I have lost about 8 pounds.  Kris started about a week later, and has lost 19 pounds!  We are really enjoying trying new recipes, and we both feel so much better!  I have over 100 pounds to lose, so I know it will take a while, but I am enjoying simply feeling better and watching Kris shrink before my very eyes!

 
The kiddos are growing and changing like crazy-cakes!  Katie is just growing into such an amazing girl.  I am so happy that she enjoys life!  She is just a happy teenager most of the time!  I think her friends give her a hard time for being happy all of the time, but I am so thankful that she can keep a positive outlook, even in high school! She just picked out her classes for her sophomore year, and that just seems impossible to me!  She is going to learn to drive this summer, and that truly scares this mama! :)
 
{Katie and Kris on Easter Sunday!}
 
Asher is shooting up so tall!  He just keeps growing and growing!  He has struggled through first grade with reading and spelling, but he is pushing through and we're counting down the weeks until summer break! He is still my sweet, calm buffer between our two crazy girls, and still loves to hug and snuggle us!  He is playing soccer this spring, and loves it!  He is pretty good at it too!  He is just a joy! 
 
{Asher with his egg score on Easter Sunday!}

 
And Miss Claire...oh Miss Claire!  She is something ELSE!  Kris and I agree that we are thankful that her cuteness is equal to, or greater than her orneriness! She is BY FAR our most curious, adventurous, and mischievous child! She just turned 4 in February, but is so smart!  She knows all of her letters, and the sounds they make!  She can drive us crazy and melt us with her sweetness simultaneously!
 
{She wanted to pose with the rabbit!  She was obsessed with this bunny for the first full two days after I got him out for Easter! She wanted to carry him everywhere!}
 
 
We are so blessed!  Just looking at these people, who God gave me as the most precious gifts humbles me!  He has given me so much, and sometimes I catch myself whining or complaining when I already have everything I could have ever dreamed of!  I am just so thankful!
 


No comments: