Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Birthday America!

Happy Birthday America! I feel so blessed to live in the United States. There are so many freedoms that I know I take for granted everyday, that only came from a country that fought for independence.

Tonight as we watched the neighborhood fireworks, Katie and I softly sang The National Anthem...well, I should say that I was softly singing it...she...on the other hand...was belting it out for everyone to hear! She sat in the chair with me, and it was wonderful to have some close time with her. I'm going to pause from journaling for a second, because Katie just came down the stairs...ok...she wants to write something: "And then we watched the big humoungus fireworks and it was humoungus, gungus, fireworks! And then we watched the fireworks again. And then I went in the bathtub and played and played and now I got my jammies and now I'm at the computer with my mom and it was a good day at home, so bye-bye!" I think she had a great day today! She's so funny with her descriptions!
Anyway, it was a nice evening. Kris got off work early and came home and took a little nap. Later we grilled out and I made my first ever batch of home-made potato salad...it was a good dinner. For dessert we had homemade vanilla ice cream and chocolate cake to celebrate Kris and I's birthdays coming up. It was such a great evening...I just feel so incredibly blessed. Earlier this weekend I was having quite a bit of anxiety and jealously issues, but God has shown me that I am wonderfully blessed, and I have everything I could ever want...right now. Ok...rambling over! Happy Birthday America!

No comments: