Friday, February 19, 2010

Hey...how did February happen so fast?

Someone took January right off the calendar for me this year...what happened? Time just goes by too quickly. It seems like some weeks go by in such a blur. We have been really busy with church and house stuff. We're moving, maybe...someday! We have decided to put our house on the market. I lost my case management job back in January due to a RIF, and we had kind of been thinking about it before, but since then, we made the decision to "just do it". When we bought our house 3 years ago (it's an Alexander record, to have stayed in this house so long! Ha!) we were both working full time, with one child, and not really any plans to have more children realistically. I had decided that God would just have to be in control of us having another baby. Then Asher happened...what a miracle he is! Anyhoo...we had two full time good paying jobs and could afford our house three years ago. Since then I went down to part time and was recently laid off. Now I am just working part time at the church on a temporary basis, and hopefully (prayerfully!) going to be able to be a stay at home mom at some point! Yay! Church has been busy too. We're in pastoral transition, so things have been a little wild with interviews, board meetings, etc. We are hopefully very close to having a new Pastor!

Katie and Asher just keep growing and growing. Katie is about 7 inches from being as tall as I am...she's nearly 5 foot tall! She is already looking forward to 5th grade next year, so she can move up to the older class of 5th and 6th graders. Seems impossible that our tiny pink bundle who came to us almost 10 years ago could be so grown up. She is LOVING word search puzzles and still reads anything and everything she can get a hold of. She loves her American Girl dolls, Chrissa and Kit are never too far away from her. She is still just a jeans and tee kind of girl, with her hair usually in a pony or messy bun. She's really getting so pretty. I told her the other day that I really hope she has some of Aunt Jill's features...she seems to already!

It's hard to believe Asher will be 2 in just a couple of months. He can say so many words, he repeats almost everything! He seems really interested in potty training, and sometimes tells us when he has to go, or has already gone! He likes to sit on the potty! He LOVES his big sister. He just wants to be near her all of the time...she doesn't always like it! He loves for her to read to him, or just snuggle while they watch tv. She's getting better about getting along with him...I'm hoping we're turning a corner. For a while she really struggled with him getting more attention, etc. Asher loves ball, any kind of ball, he can say all the different kinds of sports with the word ball in it. It's really cute. He can also say Grandma, Grandpa, Meme, and Papa. He points at their pictures and knows who is who! He is a smarty!

I know I've said this like a million times before, but I really want to do a better job of keeping up my blog. I love reading the old posts, it's hard to believe that in June I will have had this 5 years...seems impossible!

No comments: