Friday, February 26, 2010

the hokey-pokey is *not* what it's all about...

I have been reading through some of my older posts, and I am just amazed...what a blessed LIFE I live! There have been difficult days, and even times I doubted my trust in God. I can't believe all of the time I have wasted worrying about things that don't really matter (the hokey -pokey's)...what to wear, my weight issues, how clean my house is/isn't, what so-and-so thinks or said about me. Those things truly don't matter...the eternal things matter...my relationships with my Lord and my family, making sure my kids are safe and loved, loving others (strangers too). I wish I could just grab on to that concept and keep it in my heart every day! I have to confess that I have not been reading the Bible like I should. Kris always says that reading the Bible is like fuel, armor, and strength, and he feels powerless without it. I agree. I need to fuel up! In my older posts where I was reading every morning, I could tell that there was more joy and hope in my days. I need that again...

No comments: