Monday, March 01, 2010

Zephaniah 3:17

"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with his love,
He will rejoice over you with singing!"

Can you just imagine our Heavenly Father comforting you, singing to you? I received this verse in a devotional from Proverbs 31 http://www.proverbs31.org/, and was just so encouraged by it! I tried to memorize it, I read it to Kris (twice, I think!). Then Katie came home singing her Bible Verses that Miss Beverly taught her, and it was one of her verses to memorize...I think God really wants me to hear that verse, and engrave it on my heart. Sometimes I just get wound so tight, with anxiety, worry, and insecurity, that I just need to be quieted...kind of like a child who is upset, and the best thing to do for them is just hold them. I can imagine just running into God's arms, and letting him comfort and sing to me, can you?

No comments: