Friday, March 02, 2012

Snuggling into His Feathers...

Pinned Image
Psalm 91:1, 2, &4
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust." He will cover you  with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge...

This morning I woke up so weary from this week.  It has been a really difficult one for too many reasons to go into here. My heart was heavy, my mind was tired, and sleep had evaded me all week.  I was picking up toys and laundry and shoes like I do almost every morning, and I felt the presence of the Lord, urging me to come and sit with Him.  I made the excuse of "right after I pick up the bathroom" and again felt almost a persistent invitation to leave the bathroom as it was and pick up the Bible instead.  I was lead to read Psalm 91, and it brought so much comfort to me.  We have a heavenly father that loves us more than we could ever imagine.  Even when we fall short, even when we completely fail, he loves us.  I am so very thankful for this...just so thankful.  Thank you Lord, for loving me with your everlasting love.

No comments: