Monday, June 14, 2010

Trusting, waiting, dreaming...


Do not be anxious about anything but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Phil. 4:6-7


I'm trying to remind myself of these verses as I pray for our home to sell this morning.  I feel like I've been praying and petitioning God about moving to the country home forever...it's been 6 months.  I know there are reasons and plans beyond what I can see or imagine, but I'm so impatient.  I worry that Marilyn will get tired of waiting on us, and change her mind about letting us rent.  I worry that we are not going to be able to pay our mortgage much longer.  I worry that we haven't paid Katie's tuition in full for this past school year.  I worry about everything that needs to happen when we sell this house.  I know I am not supposed to worry, but I'm naturally a worrier, and it's an area of my spirit that I struggle with every.single.day.  Lord, please help me not worry.  Please help me put my TRUST in you.


I started a photo album on facebook called, "The Old Orchard Cottage"...I think that's what I am going to call our little home and my little "studio" out in the country.  When we were looking at the house, Marilyn told us there was an old orchard on the property, but she didn't think it produced fruit anymore.  Well, we have been watching little apples grow for the past month...they are beautiful!  There are at least three trees producing fruit!  We're so excited!  We have plans to prune in the fall and hopefully get the trees in better shape for the next time around. (I think they produce every other year?) Anyway, we're not spraying for worms or anything, so they will probably be pie apples, or apple butter, with the good parts of each apple.  So excited for living out there this fall.  There are so many things that we love about it out there, the sunsets are beyond amazing...just beautiful and completely wonderful, and all of the different trees and plants and bushes...so many things blooming and changing.  I just can't wait to sit on the porch in my PJ's and drink coffee while watching the sun come up over the trees.  I can't wait to watch the kids play in the yard, and not worry about them screeching with joy too loudly!  I can't wait to let the dogs run and explore and then fall asleep on the porch!  I can't wait for Kris and I to sit out on the porch swing under the stars after the kids have gone to bed!  I know it won't all be peachy and rosey, but there are so many things we are just really looking forward to!  Please pray with us that our home will sell soon!

No comments: