Sunday, June 27, 2010

Red Cake Plate Creation!

I just wanted to join in on Met Monday over at Between Naps on the Porch and Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Chic Cottage.  I am always so inspired by everything that everyone comes up with.  Last Saturday was by far the most amazing garage sale Saturday EVER!  It all started Friday afternoon, actually.  I went to a few sales and saw this cake plate for 50 cents.  I wanted it, but I was in a hurry, and didn't get it...but I thought about it all evening and regretted not grabbing it up!  The next morning I went back by there and it was still there!  It was meant for me!  :o)  I went to a church sale and bought several decorative urns/pedestal things for 10 cents each!  Amazing...I hatched a plan to make one of the beautiful serving plates that I've seen around!  Here is the process...

Two separate pieces...destined to be together!

I pulled his little feet off with pliars.

I used Gorilla Glue to glue them together and...
are you ready?

Painted the whole thing RED! 
(Please pardon the terrible photos, I dropped my camera and have been using an old lens...doesn't work too well!) 


Thanks so much for stopping by! 

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Dear Karrie, Stopping by to see what you are sharing for Met Monday.

Your project turned out great! Really neat what you did.

God bless,
d from Homehaven

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Luv how you painted it RED...looks great! Hop over and enter my COASTAL GIVEAWAY...I think you will like it:)

Blessings,
Linda

Katieannsmama said...

Thanks so much ladies!

Deanna said...

Hi Karrie!
I live in the Topeka Kansas area where the buffalo roam...grins.

We have stopped off at the Little House on the Prairie Farm place outside of Independence...loved it!
Even blogged about it a while back.

We Kansas girls are made of GOOD STOCK!!!
Thx for coming by my blog and saying hello.

God bless,
d from homehaven