Wednesday, March 06, 2013

a little of this, a little of that...

Hi...it's almost spring!  I can feel it!  We have been seeing robins and other birds outside and that makes us very happy!  Most of our snow is melted and there are just tiny hints of new beginnings everywhere! So thankful for the hope and promise that spring and Easter brings! 

We have been keeping busy!  We have had company for three weekends in a row!  Kris's parents and sister and her kiddos came for Claire's birthday weekend on February 15th...they spent the night and we had a really nice visit.  I don't have any pictures, because I still didn't have a camera.  Kris took some pictures with his phone, and Jill took some pictures with her camera, but I don't have them yet.  Kris's parents got in a little shopping, and Kris took them on a tour of Wichita, Derby, and Rose Hill.  We were able to just visit and eat some yummy food together.

On Claire's actual birthday on the 18th, we took the kids to Chick-Fil-A and had birthday cake, it was a fun evening! 

We had a big ol' snow storm that week, so we weren't sure if our next weekend of visits was going to happen, but it all worked out! 


Charisse, and her two littlest, Evan and Meagan came for a couple of nights.  We went to the mall, Chick-Fil-A, and to Orange Leaf for dessert on Saturday, and then we invited them to come to our church with us on Sunday.  Our church trailer that carries all of the sound equipment was stuck in the snow, so we had limited sound, but it was still a great service!  Speaking of church (sorry for the tangent), we are just really feeling comfortable and are beginning to form relationships, we are so thankful that God lead us to Impact church!  Anyhoo (tangent over) we had a great visit with Charisse and the kids!

Finally, this past weekend, my sister, Crystal, and her kids, Rylee, Reese, and Reagan came to visit. Crystal and I decided that since both big girls were here together, they would do a great job babysitting all of their younger siblings...so...Crystal and I went SHOPPING!  We went to World Market and Super Target and we laughed, tried out our math skills, listened to music, and were able to just catch up a little bit.  I think we seriously started 900 conversations, but with 6 kids and both of our undiagnosed cases of ADD, I don't think we finished very many of them!  We had a really nice visit!  Our kids seem to be at the age where they are really enjoying each other.  Rylee and Katie are especially close, and I am so thankful for this! 

 
Claire was not dressed yet and Asher was still in his PJ's but I really wanted to get a picture of all of them together before they had to leave...I was running behind! 
 
I am really glad we have had so many visitors lately, it has really filled up my cup...it's running over!  I just needed to see some familiar faces and hug some familiar necks!  So thankful for our families and friends!




No comments: