Friday, March 29, 2013

Easter blessings!

Hi!  I just wanted to stop in and share a little bit of our Easter celebration with you!  Even though we decorate with bunnies, and color eggs, the true celebration is in the JOY of Jesus' Resurrection!  He is risen!  He is risen indeed!  I am so very thankful for the grace given on the cross for my sins.  Even if I had been the only person on earth, he still would have hung on the cross in my place...and that is so humbling! 

We tried to dye Easter eggs last night, and Asher was the only helper available!  Claire fell asleep in my lap while we waited for Katie to come home, and then she ended up staying at church for open gym night, so it was just Asher and I.  We had fun, and he was excited to have 30 eggs to color any way he wanted!  He did a beautiful job!




 
I didn't do too much decorating for Easter this year, I am still having trouble finding my decorating "mojo" in this home.  I love it, and I am so thankful for a great home, but it doesn't quite feel "like home" just yet! I know eventually I will get in the swing of things, and will unpack all of the boxes...ha...I am still working on that...and I will want to decorate everywhere!  Right now I'm just sticking to the top of the piano.  It's a nice, contained, small area that I feel like I can manage in a short amount of time!  Another bonus is that it is high enough that Claire still cannot reach up and snatch things! Ha!
 
 

 
Hope everyone has a blessed Easter weekend!
 

1 comment:

Emmalee I. Hoggatt said...

What a great time with just you and Asher. Glad to know Katie is getting along and having some fun. I love and miss you all. Happy anniversary!