Monday, August 19, 2013

Last day of summer break and Menu Planning Monday!



Katie, Claire, and Asher enjoying the water park last week!
 

Today is the last official day of summer break. Katie starts 8th grade and Asher starts Kindergarten tomorrow morning!  It's hard to believe they are growing up so fast.  It seems like yesterday we were just a little family of three sending Katie off to Kindergarten, and now there are five of us, with the middle kiddo heading to school too.  It will just be little Claire and I home by ourselves during the day.  I think she will really miss the big kids but hopefully she will enjoy some "mama" time too.

We have Asher's "meet the teacher" meeting at 4 today, and I thought we might take a little trip downtown for Cherry Berry as summer's last "hoorah" sometime today.  I think I am going to try and make homemade cinnamon rolls for tomorrow's breakfast, and Claire and I are going to make a special treat for the kids when they come home from their first day of school. 

I wanted to try and start a menu plan with school starting.  During the summer things are just kind of unscheduled and super relaxed, but I think with their busy school schedules it would really help our budget and my sanity to have a "plan"...so here is our dinner menu for the week:

Monday-BBQ Pork Chops, Mixed Veggies, Rice
Tuesday-Slow Cooker Spaghetti and Meatballs, Garlic Twists, and Corn
Wednesday-Chicken and Rice Casserole and Salad
Thursday-Chicken Fajitas, Mexican Rice, Lettuce, Cheese, etc.
Friday-Grilled Burgers, Homemade potato salad,  and chips
Saturday-Leftover buffet (Daddy back to work)
Sunday-Kid's Choice/Kids in the Kitchen

I am going to try and remember to do this each week and link up with these ladies:

Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday
The Diary of a Real Housewife's Monday Meal Plan

No comments: