Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Menu Planning Monday...

...or Tuesday...I am a little behind in my menu planning this week.  Yesterday I made roast beef open faced sandwiches and mashed potatoes and corn.  It was a yummy dinner.  My brother stopped by and ate with us.  We found out yesterday that he passed his nursing state board exam that he took on Saturday...so proud of him!  So here goes for the rest of the week, then I will update on everything we have been up to this week:

Tuesday-Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Chicken sliders on homemade rolls, fresh fruit salad (We ended up having these on buns from Braum's, and cottage cheese, salad and cantaloupe as sides instead!)
Wednesday-Pork Chops, Twice Baked Potatoes, Salad (thinking of having a rice dish on the side instead, it's been too hot to heat up the oven twice!)
Thursday-Eat Out or Eat-At-The-Game night! (Can-Opener for high school football-the big kids and Kris will probably go!)
Friday-"Daddy-Grilled" Burgers, Pasta Salad, Veggie Sticks, and Deviled Eggs (We ended up not having burgers last week!)
Saturday-Italian Roast Beef Sandwiches and a big salad
Sunday-Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup

For lunches, Claire and I usually have leftovers, or scrambled egg sandwiches, or cheese quesadillas and some kind of fruit.  The big kids take their lunches to school. Speaking of school, Katie and Asher are both doing great and love SCHOOL!  This mama couldn't be happier about that.  I miss them both so much, but they love being out and about, and both come home happy and tired!  Asher sometimes voluntarily goes to lay on his bed with his "milk cup" for a few minutes when he gets home...bless his heart!

Usually this time of year I start itching for fall, but I feel a *little* bit differently this year.  Our August has been so mild and nice that I am not completely tired of summer yet.  I love looking out the back patio doors to green grass, green leaves on the trees, and lots of sunshine streaming in.  My red rocking chairs are looking pretty out there too!  I think our move kind of broke up the monotony of the "dog days" of summer for me and I am thankful for that.  I'm sure that the very first time temperatures drop below 60 degrees I will be just as crazy about fall as I usually am! Can't wait!

No comments: