Saturday, January 11, 2014

Our Valentine's Mantle!

I just couldn't wait any longer to get started on our Valentine's Day mantle!  Last year we were in our house in Rose Hill and I didn't have a mantle to decorate, so it's exciting to be doing this again back in our own home! 


The most expensive part of this mantle décor is the chipboard "love" from Making Memories, and it was $3.00 from several years ago.  I mounted it on red and white cardstock and have used it over and over again for Valentine's Day!  The little bird salt and pepper shakers and milk glass bird candy dish were sweet gifts from my friends Sabrina and Charisse!  Everything else was from garage sales or thrift stores!  The cute subway print on the right was free from Eighteen25!  I printed it out and mounted it on red cardstock and polka-dot cardstock from my scrapbooking stash.  The bunting is also made from scrapbook paper and baker's twine from the $1 spot at Target!  I think my favorite things I have ever collected are milk glass and birdie stuff...I think because they are so neutral, and can be used season after season!

 



 

No comments: