Thursday, January 30, 2014

Worn

The past few days have been difficult.  My dad is very sick...and is in ICU.  He is on a ventilator, and the doctors are not sure of his level of brain function.  We are just waiting on tests.  Waiting on hope. Waiting on Jesus...to take him...to heal him...and I have felt so many emotions...unable to know how to feel...or even what to think at times.  I am tired...and grieving...and rejoicing when Dad does something like yawn, or squeeze a hand, or raise his eyebrows...just feel so confused...so I have just been praying for God's complete and perfect will.  Kris has been driving me to Joplin every day, and my friends have been taking care of my children...so faithfully.  My sister and brother, my mom, Aunt Gloria and Uncle Tom and I have laughed and cried and whined and whimpered and wept together for these three days.  Oh Sovereign Lord...we need your peace and comfort and intervention! I thought of this song by Tenth Avenue North this morning...and it just seemed to fit. My mom has to be completely and utterly exhausted, but she refuses to leave him...I know she is worn...

2 comments:

Emmalee I. Hoggatt said...

May God's peace be with you all! Praying for guidance and for His will! God will use this for his good no matter the outcome. Love you so much. let me know if you need anything!

Unknown said...

Karrie I can't explain how this makes me feel and all the childhood memories that flood my mind! What a great song choice love it. Be sure and give your mom a hug for me and let her know I am praying for all of you. Crystal and I have been talking through facebook about it I wish I was closer so I could hug you all. Much love to you and all your family!