Friday, February 07, 2014

My Dad...

My Dad went to be with Jesus, and his family and friends that had gone before him on February 5th, 2014 at 3:52 pm.  Truly...it was the most amazing, peaceful moment I have ever experienced.  When he took his last breathe, my mom and sister and I could feel him "leave" the room..."leave" the earth...it was a really special and amazing moment.  My Dad loved people, he made them feel special, he showed interest in everything.  He would talk to strangers for the longest time, and they felt comfortable talking to him.  My Dad is the one who prayed with me when I accepted Jesus into my heart.  My Dad is the one who brushed and braided our hair, who built snow forts and snow men and tree houses, and made scarecrows and carved pumpkins, and stayed up with us when we had the stomach flu.  He cooked big breakfasts, made the best grilled burgers, and loved sweet tea and ice water.  He loved us ferociously, scaring off rotten boyfriends when needed, and driving in the middle of the night to find us if we were talking to boys in McDonald's parking lot until 2 am.  He loved to have fun, and we leg-wrestled and WWF wrestled in our living room many evenings!  He loved riding his Harley, fishing, and going to mountain man rendezvous.  He wore overalls and a hat almost all of the time, and always a friendly smile.  I will miss you so much, Dad...we didn't have enough time with you, but Heaven gained the most amazing guy...





2 comments:

Anita said...

You had a great dad for sure!! I don't think I ever saw him not wearing overalls!! I have some great memories of being with both of your parents. Have you made arrangements for his service? You are in my thoughts always, but especially during this time!
Love ya!!

Cheryl said...

Dear Karrie, I am so, so sorry to come hear tonight and read of your dad's passing. I don't think we are ever ready to say good-bye to someone we love. You are blessed with so many wonderful memories and the peace of knowing where he is. That means everything! How precious that your dad led you to the Lord.

May our loving Lord continue to surround you with His peace that only He can give.

Hugs...