Saturday, March 15, 2008

Boiling binkys and missing my big girl...


Katie went to Kids Talent Day at Carthage Naz today, and goodness...she's been gone for 1 hour and I miss her so much...I'm sure it's some kind of crazy hormonal "mommy" stuff, but I can barely stand to be home without her. I have prayed like a million prayers for safe travel for them today...and I really just want to jump in the car and run after that little church bus...yikes...sniff.

I have decided to keep myself busy, so I am boiling binkys and a couple bottles (just in case he's not a nurser baby) and cleaning Katie's room, top to bottom. Kris went to breakfast and shed hunting with Bart this morning, so I have plenty of time to take advantage of getting tons of stuff done. I need to vacuum. I want to steam clean Katie's carpet, and the living room if I have the energy, and replace the shower curtain liner in Katie's bathroom. I also want to get all the laundry folded and put away...there's a giant pile mounting on the sofa (does anyone else have that problem-please say it's not just me!) I also need to go on a walk today if it stops raining.

We bought Asher's crib mattress and stroller at Wal-Mart last night, and the changing table pad came via UPS yesterday, so I think now we have*officially* bought everything to be ready for a baby to come live here...after Kris gets the room finished of course...just a minor detail! I am hoping to find a good deal on a bouncy jump a roo/walker thing and a high chair at garage sales this summer...those are for later on down the road. I'm looking forward to all of those wonderful baby stages so very much...just seeing those beautiful baby blue eyes on our boy will be the best thing ever...I can't wait.

I think that's all for now. I took some pictures of Katie this morning, but Kris took my camera, so I will post some later!

No comments: