Monday, April 12, 2010

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him...

Trust in the Lord and do good, dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.  Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.  Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this:  He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.  Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.   ~Psalm 37:3-7

There are so many words that speak to me in this little part of Psalm 37, especially the part about trust.  I have been struggling so much lately in trusting that things are going to work out for us with selling the house, moving to the country, and being almost debt free.  I think it could be my doubt and disbelief that are causing the delay.  "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him", it's right there in black and white, what the inspired word of GOD tells us to do, and yet I struggle every day with this.  Lord, I am begging you to help me with my doubt and fear and mistrust!  I just want to be obedient, I want to be optimistic and cheerful, I want to have faith (even as tiny as a mustard seed)!  Please help me to do this today, I want to trust you, O Lord...there is no one else that my hope can be in!

No comments: