Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Excited and Blessed!

Good morning!  Yesterday was my first day in the office with our new Pastor.  Kris watched Asher for me, and I was able to get some things done there.  I think Pastor Melton is going to be great for our church, just exactly what God wants for us right now! 

Yesterday after my devotion time, I just felt like I needed a "sign" from God, that he was still with me, that there was hope in him.  I felt a little bummed. And guess what...He is faithful (and he didn't even have to prove himself...I know he's there and he loves me)!  Our realtor called and said that an agent wanted to show our house at 7:45 pm!  I had a burst of hope and energy, and came home and cleaned the house from top to bottom for 4 hours!  We haven't heard how the showing went, because it was so late in the evening.  We also have an appointment to show it Thursday, so we're praying, praying, praying that out of these two we will have the opportunity to sell our home!  It would be such an amazing blessing!  But as much as I want to sell it *now*, I would rather wait on HIS timing...I just want to be obedient.  We are so hopeful! 

I have decided on some ideas for the kitchen in the new house!  For paint we're going with a very light sagey-spring green, it's called, "Green Herb" by Dutch Boy.  I think I am going to try and convince Kris to put up a beadboard backsplash in a creamy white, and possibly some fresh trim around the ceiling to match.  I think with my white dishes on top of the cabinets, and my distressed PRAY sign and white rooster and chickens, it will be very farm-house-ish and pretty and fresh!  I can't wait!  I am on the hunt for an affordable cover for my kitchenaid mixer.  I use it almost every day, but it's red, not sure how it will look against the fresher, lighter colors...we'll see!  And...so excited about this...Sabrina went flea-marketing yesterday and found a white milkglass cake stand for me, for $12!!!!  Thank you SABRINA!  You rock, and you're the best! 

I'm so excited about moving to the country.  When we went out on Sunday, the lilacs were starting to bloom, and they smelled so wonderful!  There are so many beautiful plants, bushes, and even a willow tree!  Kris learned to use a tiller yesterday, so I think we're going to have a little garden this year with stuff for homemade salsa! Yum!  We're just praying and hopeful that we can move out there very soon!

No comments: