Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Jeremiah 29:11-13

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

So many times in my life, Jeremiah 29:11 has brought me comfort, through Katie's hospitalizations, through infertility and our miscarriage, through our failed adoptive plans, through so many dark days.  It is so comforting and encouraging...but what's more comforting, to me, is to read on, because he gives us detailed instructions on what to do next!  I need specific instructions (on a neon sign lowered down from heaven! Ha!) To know that He promises to listen to us, it's wonderful!  He knows the desires of our hearts...before we even ask him!  Then he says we will find him when we seek him with all our hearts!  I am SO ready to seek him with all my heart today! 

No comments: