Tuesday, September 07, 2010

16 weeks pregnant and other stuff...

We're 16 weeks pregnant this week!  It's amazing that we're almost half way to baby already!  My due date is February 24th, but we'll have the c-section about 7-10 days before that.  I'm kind of hoping for a Valentine's Day baby on the 14th!  :o)  We see Dr. S. again next week, and then our sonogram is the following week!  I just can't wait to find out what we're having so I can start baby nesting.  :o)  I'm feeling better, but still having lots of tummy trouble some days.  My energy is slowly coming back.  I've struggled with depression a little more with this pregnancy than with Kate or Asher, but I think it's just a giant combination of reasons.  My belly is growing, but because I am already a big girl, it's hard to tell.  No pants fit, though, so I know it's solid baby in there, no squishing the chubbiness! Our baby is the size of an avocado,  but feels more like a cantaloupe already!

We're starting to feel some clarity and peace about our house situation.  We are just having the feeling that we should take our home off the market and just tough it out until springtime.  We know that God is going to take care of us...he is always faithful.  By June, our financial situation will look very different than it does now, and if we can make it through these months, we'll be OK.  We are so blessed that we just have 10 months of tough financial times, some people don't know when their situation will be better, if ever.  We are so blessed, even though the road is rocky sometimes.

Katie is loving school, and was so disappointed that there was a Labor Day holiday!  She loves her teacher, and seems to really thrive with a structured schedule and expectations. 

Asher is doing good...he's growing into such a big boy.  He just amazes me the things he knows and words he can say now.  It's like he's preparing to be a big brouther!  He loves babies, and points them out everywhere we go.  He's a sweet little dude...we are so blessed...

1 comment:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! So exciting...

Thank you for your kind words about my blog...that was sweet and made my day!