Thursday, October 14, 2010

Doctor's visit...

I went to my appointment today, and was able to hear sweet Claire's heartbeat!  Such a beautiful sound!  After my appointment I had to have some additional blood work, to check my thyroid and creatinine level (which measures kidney function) and I am also having a lovely 24 hour urine test. Later this afternoon the nurse called and we got a little bit of bad news, though.  My blood pressure was very high, so the doctor wants to see me every week until we get it under control.  She also wants me to rest as much as I can.  She didn't put me on "bed rest" but she did ask that I take it easy, get help with housework, play with Asher while sitting down, and lay down if I become dizzy. I have had some dizziness and headaches lately, but I didn't think anything of it.  It has felt like normal pregnancy symptoms. I did pass my first 1 hour glucose test, though, so that was good news.  I am praying that through my diet, I can overcome these blood pressure problems.  I just need to be able to provide a safe little home for Claire for at least 18 more weeks.  If you have an extra prayer to spare, I will sure take them...

No comments: