Monday, June 25, 2012

Just a closer walk with thee...

Walking...I've been doing a lot of that...sometimes 4 miles a day...and I can feel the effects of it.  I feel so much better, physically and mentally.  Even though my walks are benefitting me, they are not the "walks" that I am really needing to take.  The walks that I crave this morning, the ones I am desperate for are ones with my heavenly father.  I have to admit that I've been really distant with him lately...just kind of coasting along...praying sometimes...sometimes not.  Praising sometimes...sometimes not.  Giving/Loving sometimes...sometimes not.  I don't like it.  I just want Jesus.  There is nothing in this world that can satisfy my soul except him.  No amount of exercise, weight loss, compliments, financial security---nothing can fill this hole in me like he can.  His presence, his peace, his certainty can fill this need in me, if only I will let him in.  So...right here in this post...I want to ask him, to invite him, to beg him to come and be with me...to live inside my very being.


Dear Jesus, Thank you so much for all of the amazing blessings in my life, I know that every good gift comes you, my children, my husband, my family and friendships...you are the giver of these...thank you so much.  Lord, I need you.  It's so simple, I just need you in my heart, in my life...not just as a part, but as a whole...take all of me, Lord, please.  I don't want to keep treading water to stay alive, I want to be alive in you, Lord...please...please just fill me with you, Lord.  I am begging for your presence.  Please just help me through this life, be with me every step.  Lord, I invite you, I give you permission to just have my life.  I want a closer walk with you, Lord...so close that I can feel you holding on to me.  Please Lord, please.  In your precious name I pray, Amen.

No comments: