Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Baby Jesus...

I just heard the song by Barbara Mandrell, "Born to Die"...and because I'm hormonal...and because of my softy, soft heart...I have big tears running down my cheeks! I was thinking about the words of the song...and really and truly...that is what Christmas is all about.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16. That, in a one verse nutshell, is what Christmas is all about. God knew, even on that beautiful night of Jesus's birth, that the plan for him was to endure a cruel death on the cross. Christmas is not about finding a pink game boy at the last minute, it's not about fixing the right food to impress your inlaws on Christmas Eve, it's not about stressing over the one string of lights on the tree that has quit...none of those problems or issues compare to the wonderous and amazing love of God when he gave his sweet tiny baby boy to us.

No comments: