Tuesday, September 04, 2007

11 weeks and rolling right along!

We are 11 weeks pregnant today! Yay! We've made it two weeks further than in our last pregnancy. We saw the doctor last week, and I'm seeing her again this Thursday. She wants to really monitor my blood sugar closely. She said she would do a sonogram this week, just to make sure baby's ok, and my due date is accurate. My due date, by the way, is March 25th! Katie really wanted it to be born in April like her, and chances are, she may get her wish. Katie was born 9 days after she was due, and that was because we MADE her come out by induction! She weighed 9#2oz...big, big, baby girl...I can only imagine what a boy would weigh!

This morning I was feeling a little stressed, about finances, our disorganized home, about our baby being ok. Thankfully, Kris reminded me to pray and read the Bible. These are the verses that the Lord led me to today, and I wanted to share them here.

1 Peter 5:7-9ish
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. RESIST HIM, standing firm in the FAITH...

How appropriate and comforting is that? I was so anxious--about everything, but I had not prayed or read the Bible. God is good, all the time, and ALL the time, God is good.

We're still praying for Tim Holsinger. He continues to make progress from his head injuries sustained while in a motorcycle accident.

No comments: