Thursday, September 20, 2007

I'm so blessed.

Yesterday, Katie and I had such a rough morning, she couldn't find her shoes, I lost my temper, and we both ended up in tears. It was just difficult.

This morning, as I type this, she is sleeping peacefully in our bed. With Kris working overnight, she usually sleeps with me on those nights. Last night, I asked her one more time if she could forgive me for losing my temper, and once again, she reminded me of what Christ's love is like for us. She said, "of course I do, Mom, I'll always forgive you." That's how Christ loves us-never-ending, constantly forgiving, always faithful, never forsaking us if we belong to him. Sometimes I need to remind myself to actively accept his forgiveness and grace. There is nothing I can do to earn it-nothing in this whole world can buy that grace and love that He gives. It's truely amazing what a free and wonderful gift that is.

I am so blessed to have that beautiful daughter in the other room, and another tiny one on the way. I am so blessed to have a husband that loves God, never abuses me, always loves and forgives me (and is handsome too!). I am blessed to have a safe home, reliable vehicles, a good job, so many things...huge things...that I take for granted sometimes. Lord, please help me be thankful.

No comments: