Friday, May 04, 2012

Just keep going!

Whew...today has been a busy day so far, and it's not over!  This morning I got Katie up and off to school, and Kris off to work.  I didn't have any breakfast until my friend Stephanie came over.  She fixed me the most yummy green smoothie...it was so good!  I took a quick picture of the ingredients before she put it all together.  It's rice milk, whey protein powder, blueberries, banana, and lots and lots of baby spinach.  I know the spinach sounds gross, but honestly, you can't even taste it...it was so good.  I added ice to mine, because I just like things super cold.  I had a little leftover and froze it for an afternoon snack.

After we had our smoothies we went for a quick 20 minute walk.  I have to say that it's much easier to take my walk without kids than with them...getting them all drinks, sunscreened, and bathroomed before going anywhere wears me out!  After that we all headed out for Katie's track and field day.  She got first place in her relay race!  She didn't do so hot in the sack race...I think because she's so tall the sack barely comes over her knees...ha!  After that the school hosted a picnic with hotdogs, hamburgers, chips, cookies and pop...yikes...my first out-of-home challenge.  I decided the best thing might be to just eat a grilled hamburger patty by itself, no bun, cheese, chips, or cookies, and I have to tell you, it was really yummy!  I have hope...that even in places where I do not have my own food choices, I can still do this!  I just have to keep going!  I saw a quote on pinterest from Happy Little Art that really kind of motivated me and I wanted to share it here:

No comments: