Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Tonight is the night!

Kris and I sat down together this afternoon and made a list of things we need to do to get healthy and lose weight.  Kris has about 70 pounds to lose and I have 100+ pounds to lose.  We decided that tonight is going to be our last night as big people.  When we go to bed tonight (before 10 pm) we will be starting our new life.  I know that sounds cheesy and dramatic, but we are determined to change our lives...starting right now.  We have to do this for our children, our grandchildren, and each other, but most of all for ourselves.  We want our lives to glow with the love of Christ, but so much of our light is hidden behind layers of fat, insecurity, and depression.  I don't want to live this way any longer.  I want to be free!  I feel like there are so many more ways that I could serve and give if I weren't paralized by this fat. I feel like there is a happy, enthusiastic, cheerful, kind, generous person inside of me who wants out of this body--this prison--that I have created.  I have to do this...here and now.

I wanted to share our list:

1.  Read the Bible EVERY DAY.
2.  Go to bed by 10pm or earlier.
3.  Both get our exercise in before the kids get up.
4.  Water-drink it.
5.  Make eating breakfast every day a priority.
6.  Take our vitamins every day.
7.  Blog about it...the good and the bad.
8.  Eat whole foods as much as possible, avoiding chemicals and artificial ingredients.
9.  Find ways to fit in small bits of exercise each day, playing with kids, gardening, yard work.


And (boldly) I would like to share our official "Before" picture as a couple that we took this evening, and a photo that Katie took of Claire and I on Sunday before church. We will be adding "During" pictures as we go along...we can do this...I know we can!



I wanted to add that today would have been my Grandma's 99th birthday if she were here today.  I miss you so much Grandma!  Maybe this little nudge to get healthy is heaven-sent from her.  Love you, Grandma, so very much.

No comments: