Saturday, January 19, 2008

Colossians 3 and Asher's heart.




Really, there is so much goooooooood stuff in this chapter, it's too much to type, but I wanted to at least remember and write down Colossians 3:12-15, because they seem so relevant to me right now. So here it is:
"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as memebers of one body, you were called to peace. And be thankful."
Yesterday I had to travel to Lawrence for a meeting. I had almost 6 hours in the car with Joyce Meyer, and 4 hours in a meeting for work. The name of the tape set I was listening to was called "The Price of Progress". I had listened to it before, but I know for a fact that the Lord led me to listen to the series again yesterday, because it was what I needed to hear. It ministered to my HEART, and I cried in thankfulness almost all the way home. One of the points that Joyce made was that the devil tries to bring out our old sins-the ones that are already forgiven-to bring us down. He brings up the things of our past, things that happened to us, the things that we have done to others, to tries and pull us away from the grace of Christ. I needed to hear her message so much yesterday. I think my heart was set free. There were some problems of the past that I have been thinking of, even having dreams about, and I believe that HE has delivered me from those. Another point that Joyce made was that God-our savior-truly loves us...not like he kind of puts up with us...but he truly adores YOU, and me. He gave his one and only son to die for us...even if we would have been the only person on earth...he still would have done it...for YOU, for me. Isn't that amazing? I am in complete awe of that, and I hope it gets into you too.

I have some pictures to share in a little while. Katie found Asher's heart! My mom gave us a little wall hanging that has tiny nails to hold hearts with all of our names on them. I had lost one, couldn't find it anywhere. Katie found it in her Barbie toy box, and when I got home from my trip yesterday, Katie had written (in her sweet 2nd grade handwriting) Asher's name on it and hung it on the nail by our names. She was so incredibly excited and proud.

Another picture I want to add is a note that Katie wrote to Kris a couple of night ago. Earlier in the evening, Kris and Katie had been having a conversation about loving Jesus with all of your heart. Katie told Kris that since her whole heart was for Jesus, that she would love him with all of her feet. Her note for him to read the next morning when he got home from work said,
"To Daddy
I love you
whith all of
my feet
I misted
you Love
Katie Macaroni"

These (the two examples above) are what it's all about, huh? They really, truly are.

Yeah...time to go get more kleenex...I'm one thankful mama today.

No comments: