Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Proverbs 31

My devotional this morning was Proverbs 31. I had read it before, but it's always good to review that one-especially if you are a mom and wife. Verses 11 and 12 especially spoke to me this morning. In talking about the virtuous wife, the passage says that the heart of her husband safely trusts her, and she does him good and not evil all the days of her life. Those are things I need to work on...probably not the trust part as much as the doing good and not evil. Sometimes I am not the kind of wife that I need to be-there are days when I don't put much effort into making Kris feel better, there are some days when I am not encouraging, but rather nagging. In the 25th verse, it says that "strength and honor" are her clothing. I have to admit, strength (emotional, spiritual) is not one of my strong virtues. I think I might try and work on all of those, just a day at a time.

No comments: