Thursday, January 03, 2008

Happy 2008!

It's hard to believe that 8 years ago, Kris and I had a "2000" millineum party at our house and I was 6 months pregnant with Katie. Time sure has gone fast. This year Kris had to work, so Katie and I went to Mom and Dad's for New Year's Eve. We all tried so hard to stay up until midnight-we barely made it! Everyone was so tired and full of yummy food...it was hard to stay awake! We did a few fireworks and all went to bed! The next morning, I had to go back to our hosue, because I had forgotten Reese's birthday present, and as I was driving home, I just felt so much hope and happiness. It was kind of early in the morning, the sun was coming up, and it seemed like I just felt the presence of God in my car that morning. I do have so much hope for this year. Our little boy will be born safely, Kris will hopefully find a job that will be better for our family, and I think we will all draw closer to the Lord. Those are my most sincere hopes and prayers for our little family for the New Year.

Well, speaking of our little boy, we are on week 25 this week, so only 14-15 weeks to go. We're so excited! He moves so much now, and I can really feel and see him moving from the outside! Kris and Katie have both been able to feel him move too. We have started to work on his room. Kris has decided to put up new trim after he paints. This should be an adventure! We got our crib and changing table back from Emmalee, and I'm so excited and thankful that they decided to send it back our way! We still need to get a crib mattress, changing table pad, and carseat for sure, otherwise, I think we are set for at least the couple of months. I just can't wait to meet him, and kiss his sweet forehead...I wonder if it will be as soft as Katie's?

Happy New Year-2008!

No comments: