Monday, January 07, 2008

Scrapbooking and Faith

I got an email with the first weekly challenge for Faith Sisters, which is a group of Christian ladies who also scrapbook. The challenge for the week is to do a page about "Faith", where our faith comes from, who our faith is in, etc. The scripture for this assignment is Hebrews Chapter 11. I decided to read it here at work, because I had Katie's tiny Bible in my purse. Wow. That chapter truly does have a huge list of testimonies from Bible people who lived by faith...it's a literal list, and I just found it so amazing. There are tons of stories in the Bible about living by faith, but to see them all listed out was neat. Hebrews Chapter 11, verse 1, says,"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." I kept on reading a bit into chapter 12, and had to pinch my nose to not cry...it says, "Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, (2)Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."
Ok, that's all for now. :o)

No comments: