Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The last days of winter...in my mind anyway!

Ahh...January is over as of midnight tomorrow night. What a relieving thought! I know we still have all of February and sometimes even March for wintry weather, but I am just glad this month is almost over. February brings hope of spring. This morning I was reading the first chapter of 1 Peter, and I was reminded of a song by Acappella-Nita and Crystal-do you remember them? Gosh-there's nothing like that group to remind me of the hope and promise of spring. I am not quite sure why I link them together? Possibly because Crystal won an Acappella tape-Sweet Fellowship-I believe-at the Youth Group Easter Egg Scavenger hunt when we were all in grade school---that's a long time to keep a memory-I'm proud of my brain for that! That makes me happy. So...I just put in this cd, and ahhh...I feel happy and blessed...plus my nose feels better today.

I think I mentioned yesterday that there are only 10 weeks til our baby boy gets here-he's about all I can think about. I've been trying to get things at work gathered up, caught up, fixed up, and not messed up before I go on maternity leave. I am not sure who is taking my spot for the THREE MONTHS (!!!!!) that I will be gone, but I want to have it all ready for them.

Oh-and here is a little piece of 1 Peter that I love:

"Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls." 1Peter 1:8-9

Even though there are struggles of this world, and sometimes we cannot see Jesus-we KNOW he is here with us, and that makes us happy, because we know we will be in Heaven with him someday. (my paraphrase)

No comments: